Membership in the association is open to current and past elected Massachusetts Town Meeting moderators and assistant or deputy moderators. Active members qualify for numerous benefits, which include:
- Advice or other perspectives from moderators through an electronic mailing list known as the Gavel Line
- Receiving specific responses to questions about procedures from experienced moderators
- Workshops (in particular, one for new moderators), speakers, and discussions at annual meeting
- Gathering at regional meetings
- Manual for moderators distributed free to new moderators
- Information on legislation affecting town meetings
- Materials in the archives on many topics available for review
- Opportunities to work on committees and projects of interest to moderators.
Former moderators and current deputy or assistant moderators are welcome as associate and affiliate members.
Accessing Members Only Content
Click HERE to access Members Only materials